Monday 14 February 2011

Just a primal girl, living in a heavily non-primal world


IMG00127 Barbell
Originally uploaded by j_pang
Sorry for all that breathless roller derby hysteria. Back to the issue at hand (at least briefly);

After the Year of Hell that was 2010 I decide to cut the bullshit and eat super clean all of January. I took up the gauntlet throw down by the fine people at Whole 30 Being me, I made it to day 26 and then went on a ruly epic pizza and beer bender with the Mr. Before that point however, I felt amazing. I lost 11lbs in the first two weeks. My skin was perfect.

Having fluffed it entirely I need to get back on the primal horse (did horses exist in primordal times (if that is the right phrase, god do some research already why don't I?), or should I say primal bison or similar?). Sorry I went all double brackets there.

Ihave a difficult week but am planning to get back on track asap. I don't think I'll be Whole 30 though, because I started to miss butter so much that I thought about sleeping with it under my pillow. But I have learnt not to rely on cream and cheese and crappy shop-bought mayo and will continue to be mindful of these things.

Meanwhile I have been doing weights vaguely consistently. Following the recommendations of the lovely Charlotte at The Great Fitness Experiment I have been following The Female Body Breakthrough by Rachel Cosgrove. See her results summary: at The Great Fitness Experiment

I actually quite love weights. Lifting a big old (well relatively big) chunk of metal makes me feel like a badass! For someone who looks like a primary school teacher (thanks for that quote Spaced) it is a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment